Utah Lawn Aeration has a lawn mowing service that will keep your lawn staying true to its roots. Let us show you how your lawn can look much better when it is cut and mowed by a professional lawn care company.
About Lawn Mowing
Lawn mowing is one of the most crucial parts of lawn care. It is what is done more often than any other lawn service. Properly mowed lawns will have fewer weeds, better moister stress tolerances and will have an overall healthier look than lawns that are not properly mowed. Getting a good mower with sharp blades will cut grass properly and reduce stress to the lawn.
Here are a few suggestions when it comes to mowing your lawn.
- Get a lawnmower.
- If you purchased a gasoline-powered mower, put gas and oil in the lawnmower in the appropriate receptacles. Check the air filter for debris; cleaning or replacing if necessary.
- Clean yard of any sticks, branches ect. to ensure the life of mower blades.
- If you purchased a gasoline-powered mower, start the mower by pulling the cord. If you purchased a reel mower, simply begin pushing, and the reel will begin spinning to snip the grass.
- Mow in rows or columns, going all the way to the other side and then turning around. Don’t miss any spots because it will look really bad.
- To keep your rows or columns straight and even, select a “target” on the other end and aim your mower at that target. Work steadily and aim straight toward that target. When you reach the end of that row and turn around, pick another target on the other end to aim for when mowing. This will help keep you in a straight line.
- Check for missed spots and go back over them. If you put the inside of the front wheel of your lawnmower on the edge of cut/uncut lawn you will seldomly have miss spots.
- Turn off the mower, and put it away in the garage or shed after rinsing it off.
- Repeat as necessary to maintain a uniform appearance to the grass height.
- Sharpen blades on the mower and have the lawn mower serviced on a regular basis.
Alternatively – If you are looking for a reliable lawn care company in Utah, give Lawn Aerate Utah a call today.